Although we (Dan, Laura and John) each worked separately in financial services from as early as 1981 and while Dan founded Medallion in 1984, we came together in 1987, opening the doors to what remains our practice’s location. We are proud to have been providing professional financial advice in this warm, home-like office setting in one of Gaithersburg’s historic homes for thirty years.
We have grown from one part-time employee to fifteen employees and now have clients in most states across the U.S. as well as several countries. As our business has grown and expanded, we have made it a priority to maintain the personal touch and attention that has defined Medallion through the years.
While managing over $350 million of assets for pre-retirees, retirees, business owners and their families, our warm and friendly team focuses on the individual needs, appropriate solutions and strategies, and most importantly the financial peace of mind of those we serve.
“Our Family Serving Yours” Since 1987, in good times and in bad, our team has focused on providing direction, real solutions and peace of mind to each unique individual situation. In our experience, most people look for the following traits in their financial advisor:
- Someone who will listen intently.
- Someone to help them create a financial roadmap that addresses their personal goals, concerns and challenges.
- Someone who will educate them and keep them on the right course in their financial journey.
- Someone they can trust, who has their best interests in mind.
We have made these our guiding principles.
What Makes Us Different
Family-owned and operated since 1987
- The same location in historic Gaithersburg offering a warm, home-like setting with easy access and plenty of free parking
- Independent—no franchise, no quotas, focused only on solutions that will meet your goals
- Decades of investment and financial expertise
- Continuously updating credentials through required and supplementary classwork and research
- Gladly offer a second opinion of your current financial plan
- Complete objectivity in the solutions offered reflects a desire to be tireless advocates for your best interest
- Pooling of expertise and philosophies allows meticulously evaluated solutions and strategies
- Warm and friendly team focused on your financial peace of mind
- No minimums, except we like you and you like us!